So mum and I were intrigued in the little line up of cafes down on Union Rd by the train station. We ended up taking our pick on The Freckled Hen which has a French felt interior and dainty glass domes housing each cake, cookie, slice and muffin. Mum already had the idea of purchasing a couple after she used the same idea for displaying baked goods for the Canterbury Girls' Arts Show. I would've taken photos, but I'm on the hunt for a new camera. I've been using my phone for the time being.
I decided to go with the daily special, Salmon Tart with Berry Salad and French Dressing! The tart had a strong salmon flavour and the berries complemented the whole dish well.
Mum chose to go with the Pear, Cranberry and Brie toasted sandwich which was like a fruit and cheese marriage. I literally want to eat it every single day now as a snack, if it weren't for the not-so-healthy nutritional value of the brie.
I had a cappuccino after, and the kind lady barrister drew a flower on milky foam.
Overall, it was quite a pleasant meal; the only downside of the place was the lack of variety on their menu. There were mainly elderly people at the cafe, so it felt a tad different to the usual cafe I visit, but the food was nice!
So that was my highlight of the day, a little outing with mumma bear. Where's your last cafe visit been?
x, kimberley

No comments:
Post a Comment